Monday, December 8, 2008

Mortgage UPdate!

Mortgage rates continued to head downward last week in response to the Federal Reserve's $600 billion plan to purchase good quality mortgage backed debts and securities. Econmic news however continues on the bleak side. While the National Bureau of Economic Research declared that the US has been in a recession since December 2007 the bigger news was the dismal jobs data. The US economy shed 533,000 jobs in November the largest jobs lost number in 34 years. Hopefully the myriad of programs aimed at stimulating housing will begin to work in earnest soon.
Mortgage rates may continue moving downward for the first few days of this week as little economic news is due out. Of course an announcement of another goverment program could sway rates wildly either direction. The biggest economic data of the week will likely be retail sales data. With the current environment a drop much below the expected 1.9% could spook markets and send rates moving even further downward. However a positive reading may send mortgage rates upward.

3 comments:

Laree D said...

Hey Roxy. I don't think we met. My name is Laree D. I have two pretty new blogs. You said in your note at the Cafe that you like visiting other peoples blogs, so here they are. The first one is lareepublishedauthor.com it's my Dark Wolf Blog for marketing and advertising my book. I just published a new post this morning. Come over and check it out. Please leave a comment or two.

My second Blog is groupreaders.blogspot.com. That one is where I post whatever's on my mind. Everything from politics to local news. Sonmetimes I write about my family or give advice on my experiences with Life in General.

Again, feel free to leave your comments on any one of the subjects posted. It's an open forum where everybody can share their ideals and oponions. Give advice or just tell about your fave books and experinces.

O btw: Love you blog. Now know where to go for qustions about real estate.

Laree D.

Unknown said...

Hi Roxy!

Thanks for visiting my site and leaving a comment.

I really like your blog, as well. I like the variety of information and oooh ... thank you for the post with tropical breezes and big wave surfing. It is COLD here in North Carolina so ... I sat back and imagined that I was warm. :)

I'm gonna follow you, too ... and add you to my blog roll.

Take Care!

Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

Roxy's Real Estate News said...

Laura D and sm footprints thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. SFP - thanks for adding my blog to yours!!!! that is how we grow our followers.

Laree I'll stop by for a visit today as soon as I write my post for today.
Happy blogging
Roxy