Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Deadline for Home Buyer Tax Credit is FAST Approaching!

You have until 4/30/2010 to get your buyer under contact to receive the IRS tax credit for New and existing home buyers. You must close by 6/30/2010...
I am also a tax preparer and have noticed very few buyers this year getting this credit.... for the ones that are getting it the happy smiles and jumping up and down when they see their tax refund is priceless!
I also have been reading blogs that some Realtors are experiencing inflated housing prices that some are contributing to this tax credit. I personally haven't seen that in my area. I would hate to think sellers or their agents would increase pricing just because of this credit. The property still has to appraise in order to get a loan and close. I think the credit has really done some good. I just wish more were taking advantage of it.....

No comments: