Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Dumping Your Trash! The World Is Not Your Trash Can


Dumping your trash! The world is NOT your trash can!
Today while driving home I was behind a group of kids, about 8 in a pickup truck - some in the front and about 5 in the back cargo area.
I thought this was illegal but I live in Hawaii and it seems to be common place. These teenagers were eating and drinking food from a fast food restaurant as they were driving down the highway.
As they finished they ALL one by one threw their garbage out of the truck and onto the side of the road and a couple even out the back where I then run over it.
Needless to say I was very upset. I really couldn't believe my eyes. To see our youth with such a blatant disregard and lack of respect for their environment is so sad. Hawaiian people are continuously trying to keep their land and culture preserved for future generations but it appears that we are failing to instill the importance of something so simple as putting your trash in a trash can.
I mean didn't we all learn this as youngsters?
If you are a parent please teach your child how important this simple chore is and if you have a teenager remind him/her of this lesson I am sure was taught years ago. It's just so simple.
Go Green! Stay Green! Live Green. We just might have a tomorrow here on earth!

2 comments:

Vanessa Rogers said...

that is very sad. I hate seeing actions like that! But it isn't always the young, there are often adults who seem to see the world as something that needs to be taken care of. I find it very sad.

Roxy's Real Estate News said...

Hi Vanessa
I know it’s not always the young, your right. I've seen adults throwing their lit cigarettes and garbage out the window too.
My hope is if we teach our young about our earth and how we need to protect it, maybe it will carry over.
I appreciate your comments and thanks for visiting my blog.